30 Jun 2016
Upcoming Seminar on “Molecular Mechanisms Regulating Neurogenesis in the Subventricular Zone Stem Cell Niche” By Professor Francis Szele (Oxford University)
16 Nov 2015
Opening Ceremony of the Brain and Mind Institute
In celebration of the launch of Brain and Mind Institute (BMI), the following series of events were held on 12 November 2015 at The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Opening Ceremony of the Brain and Mind Institute
- Inaugural Lecture of the Stanley Ho Professorship in Cognitive Neuroscience
- International Symposium on Cognitive and Developmental Neuroscience: From Molecule to Behaviour
With the support from our donor, Dr. Stanley Ho Medical Development Foundation, the Symposium was repeated in Macau on 13 November 2015.
For Symposium details, click here
For media coverage, click here
For photos, click here
29 Jul 2015
BMI Provides Research Start-up Funds for Four New Research Projects
The Brain and Mind Institute (BMI) is pleased to announce its first round of research funding for four research projects (details) . These multidisciplinary projects, being the first to receive research funds from BMI, pool researchers and experts from a wide range of fields, including Linguistics, Otolaryngology, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Psychology, Psychiatry, and Biomedical Sciences. With these new endeavors, BMI now has research projects in all four of its strategic research areas, namely:
- Optimizing language learning in early childhood
- Defining the broad autism phenotype in Chinese societies
- Enhancing treatments for dyslexia
- Identifying molecular mechanisms of neurodevelopment and neurodegeneration
BMI is interested in funding high-quality, high-impact projects which are fundamentally interdisciplinary, especially preliminary research that cannot be conducted without the Institute’s support. Interested researchers can direct their enquiries to email@example.com.